Monday
Bank holiday.
Tuesday
How I hate rushing in the mornings! Arriving at the office I noticed that the urgent package with the DVDs had not gone in the post and had been lying in the out tray all weekend. Because it was Gary's fault I did not make too much fuss, but it was very annoying.
At 11 o'clock the managers were asked into the office of our Director Vijay Singh, and he told us formally that he had resigned. This was a complete non-event as the news had already been announced at the conference. Of course, we all said how sorry we were that he is going.
I wonder what his replacement will be like? (or does Alec Nussbaum intend to manage the Institute directly himself?).
Wednesday
I am now using two desks as my work is so unwieldy at the moment - I have to lay out all the papers.
Regarding Vijay Singh's resignation, the implications are gradually beginning to sink in with various people. Especially the prospect of the Institute moving back to London. I am not sure what my feelings are towards this possibility (it would mean getting a new job I suppose).
Thursday
I talked to Joey who does a lot of our graphic design - he already knew about Vijay Singh's resignation ("I suspected it when his new business cards were cancelled").
Lots of extra copy to go into a publication I am working on, but I felt so lazy that nothing got done. I drank cups of hot chocolate and looked out of the window. So many staff have taken this week off that the offices are almost dead.
Friday
I considered a pre-emptive strike the Institute has been working on. It is all ready to launch, and the decision is mine as to when it should be released. But it was such a peaceful day I decided to put the strike on hold.
Tim G from the agency used by Head Office kept calling me. It is exhausting to take his calls. Vijay Singh seems to be diverting all his calls to other people now.
Bank holiday.
Tuesday
How I hate rushing in the mornings! Arriving at the office I noticed that the urgent package with the DVDs had not gone in the post and had been lying in the out tray all weekend. Because it was Gary's fault I did not make too much fuss, but it was very annoying.
At 11 o'clock the managers were asked into the office of our Director Vijay Singh, and he told us formally that he had resigned. This was a complete non-event as the news had already been announced at the conference. Of course, we all said how sorry we were that he is going.
I wonder what his replacement will be like? (or does Alec Nussbaum intend to manage the Institute directly himself?).
Wednesday
I am now using two desks as my work is so unwieldy at the moment - I have to lay out all the papers.
Regarding Vijay Singh's resignation, the implications are gradually beginning to sink in with various people. Especially the prospect of the Institute moving back to London. I am not sure what my feelings are towards this possibility (it would mean getting a new job I suppose).
Thursday
I talked to Joey who does a lot of our graphic design - he already knew about Vijay Singh's resignation ("I suspected it when his new business cards were cancelled").
Lots of extra copy to go into a publication I am working on, but I felt so lazy that nothing got done. I drank cups of hot chocolate and looked out of the window. So many staff have taken this week off that the offices are almost dead.
Friday
I considered a pre-emptive strike the Institute has been working on. It is all ready to launch, and the decision is mine as to when it should be released. But it was such a peaceful day I decided to put the strike on hold.
Tim G from the agency used by Head Office kept calling me. It is exhausting to take his calls. Vijay Singh seems to be diverting all his calls to other people now.
No comments:
Post a Comment