Monday, December 31, 2012

The bigger dog made a lunge at him...

An "incident" with the dogs and the postman earlier.  Both dogs started barking and so I went out into the garden with them and by the time I walked round the corner of the house they had the postman at bay.  He usually comes at 10.30 (the incident was at 9.30).

The bigger dog made a lunge at him, and although he was not bitten he could have been.

He was not at all happy, and although I apologised several times he went off considerably disgruntled.

Possibly I might get a lockable mailbox attached to the side gate to the lane so the postman does not have to come into the garden.

We have had the bigger dog for nearly a year now.  He belonged to a neighbour, but they could not handle him (he's had several owners).  If we hadn't taken him in he would have been put down.

But he is a handful.  He wants to play all the time, and when he is not playing he is eating.  He chases all the cats (we have four including a yard car who lives in a shed) and we have had to develop complicated procedures to keep them all apart.

No comments: