I hesitate to add anything to the tsunami of comment that has followed the King Edward VII Hospital hoax tragedy.
And there is surely nothing more trite and self-publicising than the comment of celebrity wife Sally Bercow who sends out her "heart" (whatever that is worth) to both the victim AND her tormentors in this sad case.
But I do feel I need to question Ms Bercow's assertion that the "Aussi DJs... could never have foreseen this tragedy". Hoaxes of this kind are essentially examples of cruelty - a cruel and vicious sense of humour. It is the nature of cruelty that it must be ever more extreme to satisfy its audience.
Therefore it was only a matter of time before hoaxes of this kind (which began in a harmless enough form back in the 1960s) eventually began to target hospitals and destroy nurses.
Is there not enough cruelty in the world without Aussi DJs adding to it?

No comments:
Post a Comment