Sunday, February 10, 2013

Privatise all state schools in the United Kingdom





















Article in the Independent hinting at a plan to privatise all state schools in the United Kingdom.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/secret-memo-shows-michael-goves-plan-for-privatisation-of-academies-8488552.html

However I think that Jane Herrick (or whoever wrote the headline) makes a mistake in saying it is "Michael Gove's plan".

The more you look at EU policy and directives on competition you realise that no state control or ownership can be permitted in the long run - schools, post office, health services etc all must eventually be opened up to competition with no state involvement.

Presumably civil servants are working on privatisation of every facet of state-owned assets (no matter how crazy), and whatever change there might be in government the long-term policy remains the same.

Timing might differ, and different governments allowed to present the policy in their own way, but the long-term aim remains the same.

I have few resources to investigate this, but I wish someone would look into it.

No comments: