Saturday, February 02, 2013

Ivan Bardarov (a student at the American University in Bulgaria)













Someone called Ivan Bardarov (a student at the American University in Bulgaria) appears in the Guardian today giving us his views on whether Bulgarians should be allowed access to the United Kingdom.  He tells us "They had the chance to say no".  Actually we did not have the chance to say no - the Labour government promised a referendum on the Lisbon Treaty and then signed the treaty without a referendum, therefore making it completely invalid in democratic terms.

Through the miracle of social media let me talk directly to Ivan Bardarov and say:  please do not come to the United Kingdom, you are not welcome here.

Until migration is brought under democratic control no migrants can be welcomed here - Bulgaria is a country that has experienced undemocratic governments and therefore I am sure you will appreciate how strongly people feel about this lack of control.

2 comments:

Ivan Bardarov said...

If you are displeased of your government don't blame Bulgarians and Romanians. Your referendums or the lack of them are of no concern to me. Also I am not welcome in UK according to you? It seems that you think very highly of yourself.

a from l said...

I was not blaming Bulgarians and Romanians for the British government - I was correcting a misconception you had.

Also I am entirely within my rights to say who should come here and who should not - British people are not slaves who have to do as their government tells them, unlike the situation in Bulgaria.

Why not stay in your own country and work to improve things instead of leaving.