Thursday, May 22, 2014

For the good of the Conservative party I am advising you NOT to vote Conservative

Remember to vote today.

For the good of the Conservative party I am advising you NOT to vote Conservative.

But of course, do not vote Labour or Liberal Democrat.

Do you get what I'm saying?

I'm sorry I cannot make it more explicit.  Due to commitments I have made I cannot endorse any party except the Conservatives.  But for the good of the Conservatives I am saying you should not vote for them in the EU elections (the council elections are different, definitely vote Conservative there).

It has been a long journey.

The high-handed Central Office control and manipulation of the candidate lists.

The horrible realisation that we had been harbouring people like Quentin Davies in our party (and there are more of them who need to be flushed out).

The disgust I felt at Edward Macmillan-Scott (and there are more of them too, especially as MEP candidates).

The last straw came only a couple of weeks ago when I heard Ken Clarke on the Today programme talking about the Newark by-election.  I almost exploded with rage.  I was so angry I almost ran my car off the road.

These people have had their day 1991 to 1997.  And what a mess they made of things.  And how they betrayed our trust.

Now they need to be told, once and for all, to fuck off (yeah you John Major, fuck off out of my life, and you too Michael Portillo, and you Matthew Parris - lickspittle turncoats the lot of you).

They can have the ermine robes and the "grandee" status and the closet expense claims.

But enough of their dead hand on party policy.  The party belongs to the members.  We want our party back.

Therefore I say to everyone please do not vote Conservative today.

No comments: