It is always satisfying when one lefty journalist attacks another lefty journalist, and even more rewarding when the dispute become intractable and without any prospect of reconciliation.
However I was puzzled to read the latest installment of the feud between Owen Jones (Independent) and Nick Cohen (Observer) http://owenjonesramblings.tumblr.com/post/59475329819/the-smears-of-nick-cohen
What is all this about?
I have to confess I am unable to unpick the arguments which are becoming increasingly impenetrable.
The idea that Nick Cohen and James Bloodworth are "ex-left" is bizarre. What are they if not left-wing? They certainly do not resemble any right-wing writers I would recognise.
Nor would they last five minutes in the Conservative party (by mutual repulsion).
And Mr Jones should take note of the sayings of Oscar Wilde - we are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars.
However I was puzzled to read the latest installment of the feud between Owen Jones (Independent) and Nick Cohen (Observer) http://owenjonesramblings.tumblr.com/post/59475329819/the-smears-of-nick-cohen
What is all this about?
I have to confess I am unable to unpick the arguments which are becoming increasingly impenetrable.
The idea that Nick Cohen and James Bloodworth are "ex-left" is bizarre. What are they if not left-wing? They certainly do not resemble any right-wing writers I would recognise.
Nor would they last five minutes in the Conservative party (by mutual repulsion).
And Mr Jones should take note of the sayings of Oscar Wilde - we are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars.
No comments:
Post a Comment