Saturday, August 31, 2013

A difficult day - the past week at work

Monday 

A heap of post and about fifty e-mail messages when I got to my desk today.

James B from Head Office was at the Institute to use the reading room.  He came upstairs to tell me how much he liked some of the publications we have done recently.  Not sure how he got to see them as they were on the controlled circulation list.

Tuesday 

The new IT person started today, Martin H - middle-aged, quiet, curly hair and heavy glasses.

Most of the day I worked on a presentation.

Wednesday

Controversy with overseas contacts, so that an initiative has become stalled.

Thursday 

A difficult day, and I had to abandon all my plans for the afternoon.

Friday

The Institute split between short term expressions of loyalty versus longer term commitment to strategic objectives.

24 hour ban on social media, which I thought a bit high-handed.

No comments: