Janet Royall, Labour Leader in the House of Lords, is stupid enough to ask in public who the laity are. Presumably she doesn't understand that the clergy and bishops are the servants of the laity, not the masters. Just as politicians like Janet Royall are supposed to be the servants of the people (not that you would ever guess from the way they behave).
I am open-minded on the subject of women bishops.
But I am absolutely opposed to the way some parishes have been bullied, lied to and and swamped with group churchwardens (who then target for closure churches in the group that don't go along with a particular trendy clique).
I don't like to see people being pushed around.
This is not so much a female vs male issue.
This is a young vs elderly issue.
And I don't like seeing elderly people pushed around.

No comments:
Post a Comment