Mark Thompson (New Statesman etc) is of the opinion that "the media collectively" is going to cut Nigel Farage down to size.
As a Conservative I am hoping that UKIP will not (on the whole) do well in 2015.
But I am far from thinking that the media can influence this.
Plus or minus 5% is about the limit of their influence.
"It was the Sun wot won it" is like those braggadocio amateur soccer players who hang around the opposing goal the whole match and when they just manage to touch the ball before it rolls over the line they run round the pitch shouting "I scored, I scored, it was me me me".
All Nick Cohen is going to do with his article is bolster Mr Farage's anti-Establishment credentials: http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/apr/26/nigel-farage-phoney-scrutinise-him-ukip
"...gay-hater, conspiracy crackpot, racist, chauvinist and pillock" - my goodness Mr Cohen, Nigel Farage seems to have rattled you.

No comments:
Post a Comment