Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Four muslim-themed items was excessive

Yesterday's PM programme on BBC Radio 4 had no less than four muslim-themed stories yesterday - the muslim veil controversy, a sportswoman who performed a multi-sport wearing full muslim garb, the shooting of a muslim policewoman in Afghanistan, and a "postcard" from Syria.

Obviously some of these are genuine news stories, and the muslim veil controversy and perhaps one other muslim-themed story would have been legitimate.

But to have four muslim-themed items was excessive.  The muslim sports garb item went on for ages and was just drivel (the sportswoman was actually telling the interviewer "It's no big deal" and yet still it went on and on and on).  When the Syria "postcard" came on I was thinking:  enough of these muslim people, I don't want to hear any more about them, I'm sorry about the Syrians but my sympathy is all used up and now I just want them to go away.

I was driving home at the time and so I was effectively trapped in my car and there was no real alternative to Radio 4 unless I switched to a music channel.

Who was responsible for putting all these muslim-themed items on a state-financed radio station?

Are they working to some kind of agenda we are not aware of?

No comments: