On her Twitter microsite 44 minutes ago Diane Abbott MP showed solidarity with gay marriage activists by wearing a pink carnation.
I don't know much about gay history but even I am aware that green carnations are associated with gay culture, not pink ones.
Not for the first time we see Diane Abbott talking about a subject she knows nothing about.
And while I am sure it is very laudable for Diane Abbott to condemn homophobia in Cameroon, why does she not condemn loudly and openly homophobia in Jamaica (the most homophobic country on earth) and among the Jamaican diaspora? This is the community she has most influence in. And yet she is strangely silent.
Hypocritical is it not?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Green_Carnation
I don't know much about gay history but even I am aware that green carnations are associated with gay culture, not pink ones.
Not for the first time we see Diane Abbott talking about a subject she knows nothing about.
And while I am sure it is very laudable for Diane Abbott to condemn homophobia in Cameroon, why does she not condemn loudly and openly homophobia in Jamaica (the most homophobic country on earth) and among the Jamaican diaspora? This is the community she has most influence in. And yet she is strangely silent.
Hypocritical is it not?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Green_Carnation

No comments:
Post a Comment