Monday
In the office today the massive mailshot was reaching a climax, mainly because Alec Nussbaum has given the Admin team a deadline for getting it done.
While the envelope stuffing and franking went on all around me (my desk is adjacent to the Admin area) I sat quietly reading e-mails and drinking coffee. It was a hot day and I had two desk fans pointing at me all the time I was in the office. Debate over whether opening the windows made things hotter.
A meeting with Vijay Singh, outgoing Director of the Institute, to discuss the PR priorities and to sign off the Communications Plan. It was not a very friendly meeting as he is very bitter about the way he has been treated by Alec Nussbaum. At least he will be gone soon.
Tuesday
It makes me weary to just look at the Admin team toiling away at the mailshot.
A call from Peter Whitgift in the Birmingham office, praising the Communications Plan which I have circulated by e-mail. "You'll need an assistant" he told me. Invited to visit the Birmingham office, which is a privilege as they do not often let people in.
Wednesday
The whole day spent presenting the Communications Plan to the Insitute's staff in three sessions.
Thursday
Surprise e-mail to all staff this morning from Vijay Singh saying that his date of departure had been brought forward to the end of this week (tomorrow!).
The Admin has finally finished the mailshot, but has immediately gone into another project that includes mailing thousands of invitations.
I had little work to do (I am actually up to date with most things) so idled the day away.
Friday
All of the morning I spent editing the Communications Plan removing all references to Vijay Singh and deleting the crackpot schemes which he had put forward.
Lunchtime lots of staff went to a cafe in the park to mark Vijay Singh's last day - I just went there for a short while and then went on to the dry cleaners and the post office.
In the afternoon I drafted an article for a magazine, working downstairs in the Reading Room where it was cooler. Carol Reynolds (employed by the Institute but based at Head Office) rang me up full of bitter comments about Vijay Singh's ousting and trying to get me to gossip. At 4 o'clock everyone gathered upstairs and Marcia Walsh gave Vijay Singh a card and then he was gone.
In the office today the massive mailshot was reaching a climax, mainly because Alec Nussbaum has given the Admin team a deadline for getting it done.
While the envelope stuffing and franking went on all around me (my desk is adjacent to the Admin area) I sat quietly reading e-mails and drinking coffee. It was a hot day and I had two desk fans pointing at me all the time I was in the office. Debate over whether opening the windows made things hotter.
A meeting with Vijay Singh, outgoing Director of the Institute, to discuss the PR priorities and to sign off the Communications Plan. It was not a very friendly meeting as he is very bitter about the way he has been treated by Alec Nussbaum. At least he will be gone soon.
Tuesday
It makes me weary to just look at the Admin team toiling away at the mailshot.
A call from Peter Whitgift in the Birmingham office, praising the Communications Plan which I have circulated by e-mail. "You'll need an assistant" he told me. Invited to visit the Birmingham office, which is a privilege as they do not often let people in.
Wednesday
The whole day spent presenting the Communications Plan to the Insitute's staff in three sessions.
Thursday
Surprise e-mail to all staff this morning from Vijay Singh saying that his date of departure had been brought forward to the end of this week (tomorrow!).
The Admin has finally finished the mailshot, but has immediately gone into another project that includes mailing thousands of invitations.
I had little work to do (I am actually up to date with most things) so idled the day away.
Friday
All of the morning I spent editing the Communications Plan removing all references to Vijay Singh and deleting the crackpot schemes which he had put forward.
Lunchtime lots of staff went to a cafe in the park to mark Vijay Singh's last day - I just went there for a short while and then went on to the dry cleaners and the post office.
In the afternoon I drafted an article for a magazine, working downstairs in the Reading Room where it was cooler. Carol Reynolds (employed by the Institute but based at Head Office) rang me up full of bitter comments about Vijay Singh's ousting and trying to get me to gossip. At 4 o'clock everyone gathered upstairs and Marcia Walsh gave Vijay Singh a card and then he was gone.
No comments:
Post a Comment