Thursday, May 09, 2013

I'm afraid I'm already bored with Alex Ferguson.

The Nick Robinson monologue on Today this morning was just silly - it was obviously prepared so did he have to read it aloud on air instead of posting it on his blog?

What is this person famous for apart from just doing his job (which he has been paid for)?

He was employed as a football manager, he did his job as a football manager, he resigned.

Did he change the world?  No.  Did he contribute to the world's intellectual store of knowledge?  No.  Did he sacrifice his life in the service of others?  No.

I realise that in the life of Graeme Smith (former colleague) and millions of others he was an important figure but I have never taken Graeme Smith seriously.

He shouted a lot, he threw a boot at David Beckham (who may or may not have deserved it), he demonstrated that if you spend enough money you can buy yourself a talented team - as Blackburn Rovers proved in the 1990s.

No comments: