Although I do not envy the position the Afghan interpreters are in.
And 600 individuals is not very many (unless they are bringing extended family clans with them in which case we can expect this number to grow significantly).
But I do find unsettling the idea that British citizenship is being given away as part of an employment compensation package, as if it were some kind of pension entitlement or redundancy payment.
Next time (next invasion of a Muslim country) let's make it very clear in the interpreter job description that they take the jobs at their own risk.
And 600 individuals is not very many (unless they are bringing extended family clans with them in which case we can expect this number to grow significantly).
But I do find unsettling the idea that British citizenship is being given away as part of an employment compensation package, as if it were some kind of pension entitlement or redundancy payment.
Next time (next invasion of a Muslim country) let's make it very clear in the interpreter job description that they take the jobs at their own risk.
No comments:
Post a Comment