The more I think about the changes to the institution of marriage the more outrageous I think it is that I, as a single person, am paying higher rates of various taxes than individuals who have obtained what can now only really be described as a state fornication licence.
And the state fornication licence does not really have any validity as unlicensed fornications will go on as before.
The special status of "marriage" has entirely evaporated.
I was reasonably happy to pay higher rates of various taxes on the grounds that married couples deserved a tax break because marriage was one of the fundamental building blocks of society.
Now it is just a legal contract between two people why on earth can't they pay the same taxes as the rest of us?
Why should two gay people pay a lower rate of inheritance tax than say a hard-working single person looking after an elderly parent? Or two sisters who live in the same house? Or even a householder with a long-term tenant living in the spare bedroom?
The whole thing falls apart.
And it can only be a matter of time before this tax scam is challenged in the courts.
I want back all the extra tax I've paid throughout my working life for no other reason than because I was single.
And the state fornication licence does not really have any validity as unlicensed fornications will go on as before.
The special status of "marriage" has entirely evaporated.
I was reasonably happy to pay higher rates of various taxes on the grounds that married couples deserved a tax break because marriage was one of the fundamental building blocks of society.
Now it is just a legal contract between two people why on earth can't they pay the same taxes as the rest of us?
Why should two gay people pay a lower rate of inheritance tax than say a hard-working single person looking after an elderly parent? Or two sisters who live in the same house? Or even a householder with a long-term tenant living in the spare bedroom?
The whole thing falls apart.
And it can only be a matter of time before this tax scam is challenged in the courts.
I want back all the extra tax I've paid throughout my working life for no other reason than because I was single.
No comments:
Post a Comment