One has to disagree with the American President on his policy towards Israel: http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21647292-although-barack-obama-right-chastise-binyamin-netanyahu-israels-prime-minister-has-point?fsrc=scn%2Ftw%2Fte%2Fpe%2Fed%2Ftheireoveriran
On the whole I think the "two-state solution" is no longer viable, and I would like to see the British government recognise the so-called occupied territories as part of Israel with (generous) resettlement grants paid from an international fund to those Arabs who do not wish to remain in the enhanced Israeli state.
As events in the Middle East have demonstrated, there is nothing to be gained from pandering to the Arab world. They are engaged in a process of in-fighting and self-destruction that could go on for decades. While they are thus occupied there is an opportunity to establish Israel as an inviolate power.
On the whole I think the "two-state solution" is no longer viable, and I would like to see the British government recognise the so-called occupied territories as part of Israel with (generous) resettlement grants paid from an international fund to those Arabs who do not wish to remain in the enhanced Israeli state.
As events in the Middle East have demonstrated, there is nothing to be gained from pandering to the Arab world. They are engaged in a process of in-fighting and self-destruction that could go on for decades. While they are thus occupied there is an opportunity to establish Israel as an inviolate power.
No comments:
Post a Comment