A minor aspect of the Jeremy Clarkson farrago, but I am curious about the name Oisin Tymon.
Is this person an immigrant from southern Ireland?
Or was he born into an immigrant community that has failed to integrate?
"Oisin" indeed.
No wonder he provokes people.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/jeremy-clarkson-sacked-top-gear-5392446
Is this person an immigrant from southern Ireland?
Or was he born into an immigrant community that has failed to integrate?
"Oisin" indeed.
No wonder he provokes people.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/jeremy-clarkson-sacked-top-gear-5392446
6 comments:
What a disgusting comment. Are you just trying to provoke?
Bellend.
It was not a comment, it was a question. And who am I supposed to be provoking? If southern Irish people, then I'm afraid I do not care about them enough to be provocative. If immigrant communities in general, I care even less about them. But I am curious about the number of immigrants or people from immigrant communities that are getting jobs at the BBC - an institution largely paid for by English people.
Not sure what it is you are trying to say - that immigrants who don't call their children something like George or Henry are failing to integrate?
Oisin is a Celtic name. In Scotland it is spelt Ossian. It is not uncommon in Northern Ireland and Scotland, i.e. in Britain. Ergo it is a British name too. But maybe you are not so familiar with those bits of Britain.
Ironically I doubt you would have been much bothered about his level of integration had he been called Jean-Pierre or Gunther.
Yes, those who continue with alien-sounding names are signalling their refusal to assimilate with the rest of the population.
I rather think you have read the same Wikipedia entry on "Oisin" as myself, and in the absence of any reliable information we will have to agree that neither of us knows the inspiration for Mr Tymon's first name.
It might be Scottish, it might be Welsh, it might be double-dutch.
But I strongly suspect that it displays an affinity with Irish republicanism which as you know is founded on hatred of English people. If this is the case then Mr Tymon has no place in the BBC and needs to be told to piss off. The RTE will provide him with every facility to nourish his faux-gaelic nationalism.
And if there are any Jean-Pierres or Gunthers at the BBC they can piss off too.
England is for the English.
AUNTIE BEEBE SHOULD TAKEN TO THE ELDERLY UNIT AND LEFT THERE. SUPPRESSING CHILD RAPE FOR DECADES CHARGING US SO THEY CAN PUMP OUT DRIVEL AND PAYING THEMSELVES STUPID AMOUNTS OF MONEY.
Hmmm. I can understand your frustration, but on balance I still think the BBC is worth keeping. However, it is rapidly becoming a game of Spot The English Person (English being someone of English ethnicity).
One can see that a tipping point will come when the non-English people at the BBC will outnumber the English people at which point it will lose any relevance to the majority population in the United Kingdom.
At that point it will be time to say: Enough's enough, you've had your fun, now we want our money used on something else.
Post a Comment