Monday
Two weeks until the Institute EGM and mini-conference. Huge amounts still to do. As soon as e-mail's pinged into my In Box I got rid of them (at this stage I cannot afford to let things drift).
Alec Nussbaum is at the Institute everyday now, taking a personal interest in the EGM preparations. In a funny sort of way he is quite a likeable person. Not as irrational as our Director Vijay Singh.
At last (AT LAST!) the websites were launched - an innocuous public site anyone can access and a restricted site for members. Immediately there were problems with log-ins, but I had anticipated this. To get the Members' Forum going I arranged for some discussions to be posted.
Because I am so busy I am hardly ever bored, which is good.
Tuesday
Clash between Alec Nussbaum and Office Manager Gladys Y (she was at her most obnoxious and intransigent).
I signed off the Resource Pack proofs so I can now be sure they will be ready for the conference - this was another "at last" moment. Going through all the publications that need to be ready for the EGM, they are all on course. And looking through my flow charts I think that everything I am responsible for is going to happen as scheduled.
Wednesday
The telephone rang and it was Ken C telling me he would be at the EGM. I have known him for over ten years, and never once did he reveal he was a member of the Institute. It makes me wonder whether I will know anyone else at the conference.
Gary from the Reading Room asked me to sponsor him in a charity 5-a-side.
Lois Cooper's things all gone from her office, presumably returned to her family. All that remains is a group picture of all staff with Lois in the centre. Otherwise it is as if she had never been at the Institute.
Gladys Y becoming very belligerent over the work her team has to do for the EGM - luckily I am just an observer in all this and can leave it to Marcia Walsh (Deputy Director) to deal with.
Thursday
Arriving at the office at 9am, I was informed that Alec Nussbaum had called a general meeting at 2pm to discuss the EGM and conference in detail, and that we would all stay in the building until every detail had been signed off. This gave me five hours to get all my areas of responsibility ready, but actually I did not need five hours - it was all done. Going into the meeting I was prepared for criticisms (it is Vijay Singh's nature to be critical and fault-finding) but the plans were gone through positively and we were all finished by 4pm.
Two weeks until the Institute EGM and mini-conference. Huge amounts still to do. As soon as e-mail's pinged into my In Box I got rid of them (at this stage I cannot afford to let things drift).
Alec Nussbaum is at the Institute everyday now, taking a personal interest in the EGM preparations. In a funny sort of way he is quite a likeable person. Not as irrational as our Director Vijay Singh.
At last (AT LAST!) the websites were launched - an innocuous public site anyone can access and a restricted site for members. Immediately there were problems with log-ins, but I had anticipated this. To get the Members' Forum going I arranged for some discussions to be posted.
Because I am so busy I am hardly ever bored, which is good.
Tuesday
Clash between Alec Nussbaum and Office Manager Gladys Y (she was at her most obnoxious and intransigent).
I signed off the Resource Pack proofs so I can now be sure they will be ready for the conference - this was another "at last" moment. Going through all the publications that need to be ready for the EGM, they are all on course. And looking through my flow charts I think that everything I am responsible for is going to happen as scheduled.
Wednesday
The telephone rang and it was Ken C telling me he would be at the EGM. I have known him for over ten years, and never once did he reveal he was a member of the Institute. It makes me wonder whether I will know anyone else at the conference.
Gary from the Reading Room asked me to sponsor him in a charity 5-a-side.
Lois Cooper's things all gone from her office, presumably returned to her family. All that remains is a group picture of all staff with Lois in the centre. Otherwise it is as if she had never been at the Institute.
Gladys Y becoming very belligerent over the work her team has to do for the EGM - luckily I am just an observer in all this and can leave it to Marcia Walsh (Deputy Director) to deal with.
Thursday
Arriving at the office at 9am, I was informed that Alec Nussbaum had called a general meeting at 2pm to discuss the EGM and conference in detail, and that we would all stay in the building until every detail had been signed off. This gave me five hours to get all my areas of responsibility ready, but actually I did not need five hours - it was all done. Going into the meeting I was prepared for criticisms (it is Vijay Singh's nature to be critical and fault-finding) but the plans were gone through positively and we were all finished by 4pm.
No comments:
Post a Comment