Note picture amended to remove offensive imagery.
Rather endearing cri de coeur from Denis Skinner MP, wanting a return to nationalisation of the means of production, distribution and exchange http://www.labourcounts.com/clausefour.htm
It must be very distressing to old-style members of the Labour party to see the Ken Loach film Spirit of '45 and to realise that post-Blair all their socialist idealism has turned to ashes in their mouth (they, greedily reaching to take of the Fruit, chew dust and bitter ashes to quote Milton).
And in all sincerity I would not deny the old-style socialists their Clause 4 socialism.
I want the Labour party to be socialist and the Conservative party to be Tory (High Tory - the higher the better).
Only from the deepest valley can we appreciate the highest mountain.
True Thatcherism can only be validated from the experience of true socialism (and true socialism is not so bad if limited to a couple of years - certainly it's better than Blairite mush).
Note - the valley/mountain imagery came from Ronald Reagan in 1976, as I am sure you will have spotted (apologies for all the quotations today, the Cranmer anniversary has affected me).

No comments:
Post a Comment