
I am really enjoying the new dramatisiation of Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens, serialised on BBC1 at the moment. I had my doubts at first, especially as Little Dorrit herself seemed a bit too perky and modern. But all those doubts have gone now - this is an excellent dramatisation, with lots to say about the inadvisability of getting into debt.
One night recently, on the way home, I made a diversion to Doughty Street (despite the rain) just to stand outside Charles Dickens' house (picture above - the building is now a small Dickens museum). Doughty Street is in an area difficult to get to by the tube. I got soaking wet and went into a cafe (Starbucks) to dry off - only to get soaking wet again when I came out.
4 comments:
love this production too...though as usual it does look like a meeting of luvvies united...who it has to be said are very watchable....poor John and his heart breaking feelings for Amy........I had a weekend in London very recently and got very very wet but did find (ages since my last visit)that I did'nt have enough time for so many things I wanted to do and rediscovered an affection for the place and plan to visit again...
We do seem to have had a lot of rain recently.
You are a deep one, Andrew, I don't know many who would make that small pilgrimage in the rain. Bravo, it was a fitting nod to him for the unfolding pleasures of Little Dorrit.
Had I known about the rain the pilgrimage would not have been made Anna!
Post a Comment