I was surprised at how angry I became when I talked about this earlier today.
This is the sort of thing that happens in Zimbabwe.
Heads must roll, and at a senior level.
And listening to the news earlier, the Foreign Secretary is "hinting" that British forces in Afghanistan will be increased to please the newly-elected American president. Is David Miliband so shameless that he would sell the lives of British personnel for a few months strutting the world stage in the company of a foreign politician? The war in Afghanistan is unwinnable, has no mandate in a British election, and was in any case originally "sold" by John Reid as being a conflict in which "not one shot will be fired in anger".
This government has become over-mighty.
Update
Above: front page of today's Daily Mail.
Above: leading editorial in today's Guardian (just readable if you click on the image to enlarge it).
Heads must roll, and at a senior level.
And if it turns out that some top civil servant has decided to intimidate a Member of Parliament, not only should he be sacked, but his knighthood taken away.


No comments:
Post a Comment