Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Today



In the dead calm of the week between Christmas and New Year I have been listening to the Today programme again. I say "again" as I went off the programme mainly because I didn't like some of the presenter changes. In particular I couldn't listen to Evan Davis (would actually switch him off rather than be patronised and talked-down-to).

Anyway I listened to Evan Davis talking to Zadie Smith. He was unbelivably patronising to her. Like the infamous 70s interview between Russell Harty and Grace Jones, Zadie Smith would have been justified in taking one of her shoes off and beating Evan Davis with it.

Doing a Google search on Evan Davis, I read that he is a member of the "British-American Project for the Successor Generation". Apparently this organisation is "grooming" (whatever that word means) future leaders. I thought in a democracy leaders are elected, not generated by some creepy trans-atlantic cabal.

More: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British-American_Project_for_a_Successor_Generation

No comments: