Thursday, October 16, 2014

We are at a tipping point or bifurcation - Conference 3

Saturday 11th October

I left the dinner at about 1am, but was woken at 5am by drunken stumbling and slurred talking in the corridor outside my room, so obviously the gathering did not break up until nearly dawn. 

I could not get back to sleep so I got up at 6 and attempted to watch television (with the sound turned very low), but the channels were so difficult to navigate that I could not find anything worth watching.  I opened the curtains and sat in an armchair reading in the dim early light.  At 8am I went to the restaurant, second person to arrive.

The Conference began at 10am.

JT’s talk:

“I am not interested in representation, I am interested in implementation…  We have experienced a succession of paradigms, one replacing the other…  Normality is followed by crisis is followed by a new paradigm…  A crisis is when there are more anomalies than normalities…  We have to shed the old paradigm…  The challenge now is to reformulate ourselves in a way that is acceptable to the mainstream…  I believe we are at a tipping point or bifurcation…  We are as a nation in trouble…  We are experiencing a double layer of phoniness – straw man dating aunt sally…  Ronald Bell was very cool…  the Black Panthers were against integration, and that’s a good model…  Pre-1945 everything was seamless indigenous culture at one with the nation…  This broke down and we entered an age of fallacy and falsehood…  To get beyond this we cannot go back to pre-45, we have to find a new way…  Pre-45 is done, it’s over, but post-45 is done also…  So what can we put in its place?...  We need to move away from clusters and focus on binding…  One person can influence two hundred people, twenty thousand people properly trained can transform the country…  About ten years ago I was giving a speech to this Institute and someone jumped up and said “You’re not a real Conservative” (at this point an elderly bad-tempered crone got up and said “I did NOT say that!” – everybody laughed)…  We have got to drop our fascination with the mainstream…  We don’t like them, but we keep trying to be like them, that’s stupid…  The mainstream people are all over identity now, they have finally got with the programme…  They are done with identity 1.0 and identity 2.0 and they need identity 3.0 – and we have identity 3.0 ready to go!

No comments: