Sunday, April 21, 2013

Tuesday 9th April - part of the last two weeks at work


I was at my desk an hour earlier this morning, apprehensive about all the work that needs to be done before Thursday.
 
My main concern was the publications list.  I laid them all out, twenty-one booklets in all, and went through them with Vijay Singh.  Only one has content that is not appropriate, and we decided to just drop that publication instead of attempting to rewrite ten thousand words.
 
The others have content that does not need changing, although the covers are now inappropriate (doubly so given the new theme of the conference).  A print rep arrived and gave us the welcome news that the covers can be removed and replaced – both for perfect-bound and stitched booklets.  Because the print runs are so small (250 quantity for each one) this can be done by hand relatively quickly.
 
Therefore all I have to do is commission twenty new covers and have them reattached to the booklets and the copies couriered up to me at the venue for Thursday (I have to go up there in advance).
 
Joey (graphic designer) arrived and I briefed him on the twenty new covers.  He promised to have them done by about 7pm this evening.  Of course we are paying rush charges all over the place.

No comments: