If I were advising Andrew Mitchell MP on PR I would be combing through digital media looking for examples of Labour MPs calling people plebs.
In just a couple of minutes I came up with Greg Pope, Labour MP for Hyndburn until 2010 (and government whip from 1997 until 2001), referring to Piers Morgan as a pleb:
http://www.blogminster.com/2010/03/22/celebrity-hate-meme/
I am confident there must many other examples as Labour MPs have just as much contempt for ordinary people as most other members of parliament.
There was Foreign Office minister Kerry McCarthy's Twitter outburst on a train against someone drinking lager and playing music too loudly (she wanted him killed - which is enough to get her arrested, whether she was joking or not).
In just a couple of minutes I came up with Greg Pope, Labour MP for Hyndburn until 2010 (and government whip from 1997 until 2001), referring to Piers Morgan as a pleb:
http://www.blogminster.com/2010/03/22/celebrity-hate-meme/
I am confident there must many other examples as Labour MPs have just as much contempt for ordinary people as most other members of parliament.
There was Foreign Office minister Kerry McCarthy's Twitter outburst on a train against someone drinking lager and playing music too loudly (she wanted him killed - which is enough to get her arrested, whether she was joking or not).

No comments:
Post a Comment