I was reading an article yesterday on the GCSE grade inflation scandal.
The half-page piece was written by Matthew Taylor, who I had never heard of before.
At the end a couple of lines told us he is Chief Executive of the prestigious Royal Society of Arts and a former political adviser to Tony Blair.
How does one go from political adviser to head of one of our more important institutions?
Was it a completely open and above board recruitment process? Did the candidates have to sit a taxing examination (perhaps like Fellows of All Souls)? Or was it a favour bunged to an old crony?
Owen Jones, Independent journalist and scourge of the Blairite tendency, once announced he was writing a book about the British establishment.
I would like him to look at the process whereby a hanger-on from a discredited scumbag government "pops up" in charge of a reputable organisation like the RSA.
How exactly does this happen?

No comments:
Post a Comment