John Tully, Metropolitan Police Federation, has just appeared on BBC News talking about the Andrew Mitchell issue.
Storm in a teacup on a slow news day?
Or is it more serious.
Is the provocative behaviour of the police at the gates of Downing Street any different from the provocative behaviour of the police towards Ian Tomlinson? Different in degree perhaps. But not different in principle or in provocation (over-cocksure police thinking they can push people around).
I have to go out so I will not be able to see Owen Jones discussing the subject on Sky News - it is possible he will use the opportunity to raise the issue of the way the police treat BME people.
Storm in a teacup on a slow news day?
Or is it more serious.
Is the provocative behaviour of the police at the gates of Downing Street any different from the provocative behaviour of the police towards Ian Tomlinson? Different in degree perhaps. But not different in principle or in provocation (over-cocksure police thinking they can push people around).
I have to go out so I will not be able to see Owen Jones discussing the subject on Sky News - it is possible he will use the opportunity to raise the issue of the way the police treat BME people.
No comments:
Post a Comment