Ha, I knew you wouldn't like it. I thought it was great because it was ridiculous.
Filling the stadium with farm animals, this green and pleasant land and then morphing into some industrial wasteland, followed by the modern age of entitlement and digital, via the ideallism of the NHS.
All they missed was a crowd rushing an open borders gate with politicos and media types ignoring them. Welcome to GB.
Add a wash of popular images and icons; beckham as bond, the queen in on the joke, east London yoof, uptight officials, so much music and, oh yeah, some sporty people.
I blame the enclosure acts and the distortion of Attlee.
Andrew Amesbury. In this blog some names have been changed, some places have been disguised and some characters have been obscured. But the essential truth remains. You can e-mail me on andrewamesbury@live.co.uk
2 comments:
Ha, I knew you wouldn't like it. I thought it was great because it was ridiculous.
Filling the stadium with farm animals, this green and pleasant land and then morphing into some industrial wasteland, followed by the modern age of entitlement and digital, via the ideallism of the NHS.
All they missed was a crowd rushing an open borders gate with politicos and media types ignoring them. Welcome to GB.
Add a wash of popular images and icons; beckham as bond, the queen in on the joke, east London yoof, uptight officials, so much music and, oh yeah, some sporty people.
I blame the enclosure acts and the distortion of Attlee.
I am genuinely intrigued by the use of "Ha" in digital discourse.
I imagine it pronounced in a 1950s James Robertson Justice sort of way.
You are, of course, entirely right - it was ridiculous and funny and very charming.
Even someone as over-serious, over-analytical and culturally repressed as myself could see that.
But as Evelyn Waugh pointed out, it is the charming people in life who are the most dangerous.
Post a Comment