Sunday, November 06, 2011
An Institute no-one has ever heard of
Above: the hotel they put us in was horrible - tiny cramped attic room on the top floor of a hotel near one of the mainline railway stations. I think it may have been a test, to make sure we were not just interested in the money. Four flights of stairs up, and no lift. En suite shower room so small it was like a cupboard. The blind on the window was stuck, so I had to undress in the dark. I was hardly able to sleep - the room too hot, the bed uncomfortable (I tried both of the beds but they were equally hard), my thoughts too active.
For the last few weeks I have been sort-of looking for a new job for when my current contract comes to an end. Have just attended a recruitment weekend for a post at an Institute no-one has ever heard of (but connected to a big organisation everyone will know). Four candidates for one position. The lead came from Terry, who is head of a PR agency I used to work for. Arriving Thursday evening, each morning we went by cab to the Institute for tests, interviews, role playing (ugh). Weird questions suddenly asked (sharply pointing at me: "give five reasons why you like coffee... if you were a dog what would you be... what things are you bad at...").
Didn't particularly like the other three candidates, so I suppose I failed the socialising test.
Dinner at a restaurant on the Friday evening with various panjandrums attending (never seen them before, but they knew all about me).
Labels:
* WORK DIARY
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment