Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Channel 4 film about Alan Turing Britain's Greatest Codebreaker
Last night I watched the Channel 4 film about Alan Turing Britain's Greatest Codebreaker. Really interesting piece of work, with even the dramatisations done sensitively (for once). Not sure however that Alan Turing would want to be remembered for his sexuality (which seemed to be one of the subtexts).
Almost by accident I have been carrying out an informal study of British intelligence activity during the Second World War. My brother gave me the David Garnett book on the PWE - a comprehensive and conscientious piece of historical writing. Also very familiar for anyone working in PR today, especially the in-fighting, office politics and monomaniacal empire building.
I also have a desire to visit Bletchley Park to see for myself where much of this secret work took place.
Above: not sure why I keep press cuttings. Usually I tuck them into books I have on related subjects. This obituary appeared in The Times on 25th July 2008 and is about the capture of the Enigma machine in 1940.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment