Saturday, November 26, 2011

Fox & Friends

Not sure whether I have a cold or 'flu.  I know it's easy to inflate the common cold into influenza to get more sympathy from people, but usually I resist doing this.  But after a difficult night I finally got to sleep about 4am and didn't wake again until 11am.

Feeling very weak, it took me nearly an hour to get washed and dressed and go downstairs to an armchair in the sitting room, with the electric fire on full. 

Didn't really want any lunch, so I just had cups of tea, one after another.

I watched Dateline London and then drifted through the channels to Fox & Friends, which is an American morning television news show. 

Reports of the sales in America, including frantic scenes at various branches of Walmart and an overhead film of hysteria at one particular store showing a large woman's trousers falling down in the melee (the commentator, who I think is Alisyn Camerota, told us "consumer spending seems to be robust").

Most interesting item on the show was a Gallop poll that revealed 81% of respondents wanting a third party Presidential candidate (independent of the Democrats or the Republicans) - this does not seem to have been picked up by the BBC.

There are three presenters to Fox & Friends each of them talking loudly and very fast.  Of the three Dave Briggs is the most compelling.  Whatever the subject he manages to speak with sincerity which creates trust in what he is saying (which is a valuable asset for a news presenter).

No comments: