Thursday, May 26, 2011
Students
In the forecourt of University College London I saw these two student lovers. He has his hand on his heart as if he were declaiming his passion to the world. She is fiddling with her text messages. He is in jeans and Diesel t-shirt (but I am not sure about those flip-flops - somehow those flip-flops look uncool, whatever the precedent set by Ed Westwick). She is neatly dressed and wearing white. Despite the overcast sky it was hot and humid.
Recently I have been looking at the demographics of the student population in the United Kingdom.
There are c480,000 students pursuing degree courses at either university or colleges of higher education. Where they are studying, what they are studying, how much they are paying - these are easy questions to answer. Why are they studying (the real reasons), what they think about the experience, what they want from life - these are more difficult.
By the way, I didn't know that UCAS was a charity.
Labels:
* SOCIETY
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment