
Today is Good Friday. Hot Cross Buns (hot) at lunchtime. The Co-Op ones were stickier than the ones from Gadsbys.
I got up late and spent the morning reading newspapers - the Guardian, the Daily Mirror, the Independent. None of them reported the distribution of the Maundy Money yesterday, nor was it on BBC News 24 yesterday. How is it possible for a national ceremony, involving the Head of State and the state church, to take place without being reported in the national media?
Not for the first time I had to turn to the internet to get the news I wanted: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/derbyshire/8599117.stm
At two o'clock I listened to the Good Friday Music from Wagner's Parsifal (on Radio 3) and then at half-two took the dog for a walk, blustery wind, grey clouds rolling across the sky.
I was still walking at three (the significant moment of the day), Parsifal still in my head.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trpnH5awYbw&feature=related
2 comments:
Another great post--thank you, Andrew!
I wonder how many other ex-pats read your 'blog and feel a connection to England through it?
Hi James,
I am always surprised that people read this blog. No-one ever comments (well hardly ever) but I am aware that there is a readership "out there". Who they are is anyone's guess.
Andrew
Post a Comment