Monday, April 20, 2009

Innocent



The soft drinks manufacturer Innocent has been in the news recently. By selling "a steak" in the company to Coca Cola they are supposed to have sold out on their idealistic aspirations. Many commentators have portrayed the Coca Cola deal as akin to shopping in Christina Rossetti's Goblin Market.

Anyway, I thought I would share with the world my favourite (soft) drink of the moment.

I discovered it by accident about four weeks ago when I had a terrible cough and cold. Nothing from the chemist seemed to work, so Helen's mother (who is a phytotherapist) prescribed a mixture of 15ml echinacea and 15ml lycium barbarum. The only problem was the mixture tasted disgusting.

So one morning I poured it into a glass of Innocent's pineapples/bananas/pineapple. The combination was perfect - the goji juice added a complementary flavour, and the echinacea gave the drink a unique tingling quality. If I were an enterprising entrepreneur I would patent the drink and make a fortune, but as it is I offer it to you for nothing.

More on the Coca Cola deal: http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2009/apr/06/innocent-drinks-sell-stake-coca-cola

More on Christina Rossetti's Goblin Market: http://classiclit.about.com/library/bl-etexts/crossetti/bl-crossetti-goblin.htm

No comments: