
Above: to Sarah this utilitarian entrance to AKQA is the gateway to all she desires (for the time being).
Wednesday evening. Val took her team to dinner at Vic Naylor’s in St Johns Lane. Although I am no longer working “upstairs” she included me, which was nice of her.
Faversham asparagus with butter and parmesan, rib eye chop with chips (“trust you to have the most expensive thing on the menu”), summer pudding with cream (everyone else had the Eton Mess, which seemed to be sociologically significant given the zeitgeist-savvy crowd).
During the meal I talked to Sarah, who is one of the copywriters upstairs (not actually part of Val’s team, but Val likes her client’s work given priority and so is nice to all the creatives).
After the meal Sarah showed me the offices of AKQA further along St John’s Lane. AKQA is one of the leading agencies in London, run by Ajaz Ahmed (I got the impression that AKQA was the one place Sarah really wanted to work, as if “being” was better than “doing”). AKQA did the Wayne Rooney viral campaign during the 2006 World Cup.
More: http://www.akqa.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment