
All of today the weather has been grey and overcast, with light rain occasionally falling. On Thursday evening the most incredible amounts of rain fell - I’ve never seen so much water fall from the skies in such a short space of time. The lane became a river (no exaggeration) and the water flowed along until veering off into the north field, cutting a shallow defile through the earth and pouring into a deep boundary dyke.
I am hoping the rain will hold off for this evening. I’ve been asked to a neighbour’s house for dinner, and as the neighbours are a bit overpowering it will be nice to get out and walk around the garden for a break. My brother was also asked to the dinner, but he’s refused to go (I was in two minds, but as we have turned down several invitations so far this year this is likely to be last one unless we respond - and when you live in a small community you can‘t really afford to offend people).
Anyway, I’m due there at eight-thirty. I’m a bit apprehensive. I know I will be the youngest person there (by a mile).
No comments:
Post a Comment