Tuesday, June 24, 2014

If someone as iniquitous as Damian McBride can sail through the vetting procedure...

There are times when I think only someone with the abilities of the poet Milton could adequately describe the awfulness of Damian McBride, most brazen of all the brazen bulls used by Gordon Brown to torment his opponents.

Anyway, Mr McBride judges the appointment Andy Coulson in this post on his blog:  http://damianpmcbride.tumblr.com/post/89754591779/ok-then-answer-me-this

"When I was employed by Gordon Brown as his head of communications at the Treasury, it was on the back of an unimpeachable and pretty successful seven years working as a civil servant. There was no reason at all for concern about how I was going to do that job, hence Gus O’Donnell interviewing and recommending me for the role" he says.

But does this not prove how pathetically inadequate the vetting system is?

If someone as iniquitous as Damian McBride can sail through the vetting procedure and come through smelling of attar how on earth could anyone expect the officials to have picked up Andy Coulson?

Damian McBride entirely undermines his own argument!

No comments: