In today's Guardian Martin Kettle writes about Paul Ryan in a major article.
Read the article: http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/aug/15/paul-ryan-mitt-romney?INTCMP=SRCH
Also see: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/aug/16/paul-ryan-ayn-rand-admirer
Some lines from the Martin Kettle piece:
One out of four presidents has died in office.
...the focused, intelligent and powerful Ryan...
...reduction of income tax to two rates - 10% and 25%.
But I disagree with Martin Kettle that the American election will not have any influence elsewhere in the western world.
I have tried to visualise the electorate (both Britannia and Europa although it is probably the same for America) as a single person and attempt to surmise what that person might say.
The image that returns repeatedly to my mind is Catherine Zeta-Jones as Eustacia Vye on the summit of Egdon Heath crying out:
“O deliver my heart from this fearful gloom and loneliness; send
me a great love from somewhere, else I shall die, truly I shall die.”
The people want a strong and confident leader, and Paul Ryan is the only candidate on offer, anywhere.

No comments:
Post a Comment