Monday, October 24, 2011

Out-of-control immigration is adversely affecting society

I drove into the local town last night to collect my brother from the pub (I had not been drinking at all, although he was very drunk).

The time was about twenty minutes past midnight. 

Returning to our house (which is some miles out in the countryside) I became aware of a car following behind, neither accelerating, nor slowing down, nor turning off onto a side road.  I thought this might be a police car, so I was very careful to stick to the speed limit in the town.  Still the mystery car followed.

Out in the country I continued to drive at 30mph, wanting the car to overtake and leave me alone.

Instead it switched on blue flashing lights, indicating that it was indeed a police car and that I had to stop.

I stayed in the car as I am advised by someone in Surrey Police that if you get out of your car they can arrest you for "threatening behaviour" (I know this sounds laughable, but this is what I have been advised).

A policeman appeared at my car window and told me they thought I was acting suspiciously by "driving too slow".

How can 30mph on a country lane (deep dykes either side) be regarded as too slow?

I explained to the policeman that I was driving at that speed because I was being followed and I wasn't sure what to expect.

He then said "you're obviously not drunk" and went back to his car, turned round and drove off.

I was very angry at this incident.

The court pages of the local newspaper are filled each week with cases involving drink-driving by eastern European immigrants.  To cope with this the police are obviously stopping people at random, hoping to get lucky.  Another example of the way out-of-control immigration is adversely affecting society.

No comments: