Thursday, September 15, 2011

Norwich & Peterborough Building Society













Norwich & Peterborough Building Society is turning out to be the nastiest most intrusive and high-handed "bank" I have yet experienced.

Not only did they write to me some weeks back telling me that I was not using my current account enough therefore they were going to impose a monthly fee.

Now I have just received this e-mail telling me I have to inform them of my mobile telephone number so they can pester me with automated messages about "security" and "authorisation" (which basically means that the self-appointed busybodies at Norwich & Peterborough will enliven their dead-end jobs by being as obstructive and unco-operative as possible while pretending that they are acting in my best interest).

This is a mutual organisation remember.  They are owned by their members (which includes me).  But their customer service and the way they talk to people (all channels - telephone, printed communications, e-mails) is unbelievably bad.

I know something about Norwich & Peterborough Building Society, having worked with them in the past on marketing campaigns.  They used to be very astute and customer-focussed.  Not any more it seems.

No comments: