Friday, May 08, 2009

My dog



"Beauty without Vanity,
Strength without Insolence,
Courage without Ferocity,
And all the Virtues of Man without his Vices." BYRON

Havn't been able to update recently. My dog became very ill last weekend and died yesterday (an x-ray revealed he had a tumour behind his heart). Like Byron we've buried him on the front lawn, and I'll get a suitable monument made for the grave (maybe even a small copy of the one at Newstead).

One of the advantages of an anonymous blog is that I can state plainly that he was my most valued friend, more valued than all my human friends.

6 comments:

Laia said...

Oh, I'm sorry about his death :-(

a from l said...

Thank you Laia.

It was a shook because he became ill so quickly.

JamesSTaylor said...

As a dog-owner myself, I sympathise greatly with your loss--and fully undertstand your sentiments here. My thoughts are with you.

Anonymous said...

Thank you James.

Regards,
Andrew

Deirdre said...

So sorry....such loss is very hard to bear...

a from l said...

Thank you Deirdre.