Thursday, March 06, 2008

There is no-one else like him

Over the last two Thursdays I have been watching the Jonathan Meades documentaries Magnetic North. But after only two episodes the series has come to a stop - leaving me feeling a bit lost this evening. Instead of finishing in Finland the series should have continued to look at the Scandinavian countries (Jonathan Meades in Stockholm would be worth seeing).

Jonathan Meades is an interesting character. He combines an high intellectual style with originality of content and amusing visual presentation. There is no-one else like him on British television.

As “there is nothing on” tonight I will probably work until about 10pm (I am overwhelmed with work at the moment and have to take projects home with me). Then I will watch Newsnight. Then I will watch This Week.

On the subject of This Week, for two weeks running Diane Abbott MP has praised (with a little laugh) Mao Tse-tung and Fidel Castro. Why is she speaking so favourably of political serial killers? Are we going to see David Irving appearing on This Week with his Top Five Political Mass Murderers?

No comments: