I liked this article in the Spectator by Peter Oborne on Ed Miliband: http://www.spectator.co.uk/features/9438172/ed-milibands-biggest-critics-dont-hate-him-for-how-hes-failed-they-hate-him-for-how-hes-succeeded/
Ed Miliband is of course an intellectual, and therefore his philosophy has a consistency and integrity that is lacking in other political leaders (one looks at Nicola Sturgeon and shudders at the shallowness of her mind).
Ed Miliband on his own would be quite refreshing one suspects.
Unfortunately he would come with a lot of baggage and hangers-on, and so much as I despise Murdoch and deplore unthinking support for American foreign policy (which only takes note of American interests, not ours) and want big donors (of all kinds) OUT of politics...
Much as I want all that, a Labour government will not do.
Ed Miliband is of course an intellectual, and therefore his philosophy has a consistency and integrity that is lacking in other political leaders (one looks at Nicola Sturgeon and shudders at the shallowness of her mind).
Ed Miliband on his own would be quite refreshing one suspects.
Unfortunately he would come with a lot of baggage and hangers-on, and so much as I despise Murdoch and deplore unthinking support for American foreign policy (which only takes note of American interests, not ours) and want big donors (of all kinds) OUT of politics...
Much as I want all that, a Labour government will not do.
No comments:
Post a Comment