Above: feature on Southern Sudan in the last issue of the Sunday Times magazine. The tribal societies that make up the area are fascinating and deserve greater study. I hope their traditional way of life will not be adversely affected by the oil that can be found in the area. It's really encouraging to follow the elections that are taking place in Southern Sudan. Just as you think that the world is a generally bad place and it is a mistake to even go outside the county, something like this happens to restore your faith in the Whig theory of history. One of the charities I support is Not On Our Watch which campaigns to resolve the situation in Darfur. Although I don't really agree with "celebrity culture" I have to be honest and say I would never have heard of the organisation without the support given to them by celebrities such as Brad Pitt. The website is http://notonourwatchproject.org/ |
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Southern Sudan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment