Monday
Only five hours sleep.
In the agency I finished some copywriting then continued the process of 'phoning my former clients, with mixed results. As I expected, my financial services newsletter client has come over. I feel a little guilty about all this since I really don't expect to be in this job very long.
Director Villy not in today, which made things relaxed.
Trainee account exec Sara, who is on notice, was very bitter about how Villy has treated her ("He just expected me to leave without any notice but I told him I wasn't having that..."). From comments made by the other staff it seems that Villy and Sara had a brief relationship about six months ago and now can't work together. I listened to what she said but don't want to get involved.
Account executive Maery asked me to do some copywriting for her insurance client.
"It's brilliant" she said, when I gave her the finished result.
However the copywriting hadn't been brilliant, and I had struggled to do it. So why did she seem so pleased with it? It seems I can do no wrong where Maery is concerned.
Tuesday
Director Villy was already in the office when I arrived, panicking over a campaign that had just come in ("It's big and bloody"). Compared to Yvette's hysterical rantings this little performance from Villy was relatively mild. Nevertheless I have become wary of people who can't control themselves.
Everyone in the office became involved in getting the campaign booked and the creative rationale worked out.
Later, when I was alone with Sara, we discussed Villy's tantrum. "I think he's schizophrenic" she said. Certainly he seems to over-promise to clients things his agency can't really deliver.
Wednesday
Most of the day spent with Sara discussing her clients (I am taking over her client list when she leaves).
The only coffee in the office is decaffinated, so I broke a personal rule and went out to Starbucks.
Thursday
Copywriting most of the day.
The office plays Magic Radio all day, which is distracting.
Director Villy had an argument with arrogant Art Director Tranter.
Later in the afternoon I didn't have much to do. I thought about the agency and decided I didn't want to stay there. So how do I extricate myself?
Friday
Just as I got to my desk this morning my mobile 'phone rang. Unexpectedly I was being offered a job (from an interview I went to several weeks ago). I went down to the street to continue the call.
Saturday, October 09, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment