I watched Question Time on BBC1 last night.
And I was appalled to see Sally Bercow "popping up" as one of the panel.
Are we expected to believe that she was on the panel entirely on her own merits and not because her husband is Speaker of the House of Commons? This argument is incredible, especially as Sally Bercow had nothing of any interest to say. I am fed up with public life being infiltrated by "husband and wife teams", "brother and sister teams", "brother and brother teams", "son and eighty-year-old mother teams", "devolved First Minister's wife and her toyboy lover teams", "debonair treasury secretary and his secret gay fuck-buddy teams" etc etc etc.
We have become stuck with a self-perpetuating political elite that is endlessly mutating, replicating and colonising so that you can never get rid of them. Like the lernaean hydra of ancient mythology, every time you manage to cut off a head two more grow in its place. And all the mouths have to be fed from the public finances.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment