I watched Prime Minister's Questions at lunchtime.
One of the questions was from Keith Vaz's sister who has "popped up" as MP for Walsall.
I thought we had ended the corrupt practice of families regarding the House of Commons as a resource they can use to enrich their particular "family firm". Of idiot children, aged mothers and endless siblings being eased into public positions because of who they are related to. Or are we supposed to believe Valerie Vaz got herself selected and elected entirely on her own merit?
I would like to see a convention (or better still legislation) preventing more than one member of a family holding a House of Commons seat at any one time.
Just as nauseating was a question from one Tory backbencher whining about the amount of paperwork he had to complete to reclaim his expenses. The simple answer to this is to end all expenses full stop (and without "compensating" pay rises). There is no end to the arrogance and greed and corruption of these people.
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment