Thursday, May 04, 2006

The people's verdict on Tony Blair

Local elections are being held today. Although they are local they are being regarded as a verdict on the national government. In recent weeks government ministers have appeared on television and radio promulgating lie after lie after lie.

The people's verdict on Tony Blair is expected to be the writing on the wall: Mene Mene Tekel Upharsin – you have been cast in the balance and found wanting, your days are numbered, your kingdom will be divided and given to your enemies.



Picture: today the government will be cast in the balance (apologies for using this frou-frou image, which is the only scales I could find - it was in the window of a pub).

1 comment:

Candy Minx said...

I think your scales of justice are brilliant. I might have "opened" with them. The fake flowers, perishable like the population used and fake by modern lifestyles justice is just an ornament...looking to see what happens with your election...