Temporary work - five hours today.
Nominally I report to the Sales Manager Mitch Holmes. He is a very tall and broad shouldered Yorkshireman, aged about fifty, big stomach (not really noticeable as he is so tall), lots of white hair (shaggy sort of style), white beard, bluff way of talking to people that possibly hides the fact that he is really a shy and private person (not good qualities when you work in sales). He is very easy to get on with.
Today Mitch Holmes had to attend a Board Meeting, so I prepared a list of marketing projects that I have got underway. It was a very impressive list (even if I say so myself!) and Mitch Holmes beamed with pleasure as he read it. I know he will present the list to the board as all his own initiatives but who cares (this is only temp work after all).
One other point about Mitch Holmes: after the Board meeting I overheard him introducing himself to a client as the Sales and Marketing Manager (“first time I’ve heard him called that” said one of the call centre staff dryly).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment